District 8 services the communities of Ewa, Ewa Beach, Westloch, Barbers Point, Kapolei, Makakilo, Campbell Industrial Park, Honokai Hale, Koolina, Nanakuli, Maili, Waianae, Makaha, Makua, and Kaena.
Go to Crime Mapping to view criminal activity in your neighborhood. The map is updated regularly. The location symbol reflects where the report was made and not necessarily where the incident occurred.
Kapolei Police Station
1100 Kamokila Boulevard
Kapolei, HI 96707
85-939 Farrington Hwy.
Waianae, HI 96792
Safety Tips for Checking Halloween Candy
- Check for unusual appearance or discoloration.
- Inspect wrapper for tiny pinholes or tears.
- Does the candy smell like it is spoiled?
- Homemade items or baked goods should be discarded unless you personally know who gave them to you.
- When in doubt, throw it out.
Community Policing Team
The District 8 Community Policing Team (CPT) Officers are the liaison between the community and the Honolulu Police Department. They also participate in various programs and activities that strengthen the relationship between the community and the Police Department. They support the community policing philosophy of problem solving through partnerships. The District 8 CPT focuses on crime reduction through prevention, reporting, and enforcement as well as traffic safety awareness and enforcement.
The District 8 CPT participates in the enforcement operations targeting truancy, gangs, drugs, and property crime offenses.
For more information on these programs, please call (808) 723-8411 to speak to an officer.
PEDESTRIAN SAFETY TIPS
- Wear bright/light colored clothing and reflective materials.
- Carry a flashlight when walking at night.
- Cross the street in a well-lit area at night.
- Stand clear of buses, hedges, parked cars, or other obstacles before crossing so drivers can see you.
- Always look both ways before crossing
- Make eye contact with driver to assure they see you before crossing
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, all events in OCTOBER have been cancelled.