All alarm users must now register online at the Honolulu False Alarm Reduction Program website.
You may then pay your bill online and update your account information via the website.
Page last updated on 12/30/20
- An Alarm user must obtain an alarm permit from the City for each property that utilizes an alarm system.
- The annual registration fee of residential and commercial location is $15.
- Alarm permits cannot be transferred to another person or location.
- Alarm permits must be renewed annually.
- The annual renewal fee of residential and commercial location is $5.
- Failure by an alarm user to obtain a permit shall constitute a violation punishable by a fine of not more than $100.
False Alarm Fine Schedule
1st to 3rd false alarm: $0.00
4th false alarm or more: $50.00 each
An Alarm user shall be subject to fines,
depending on the number of false alarms within the 12-month period,
based upon the above schedule.
The Honolulu Police Department would like to thank you for taking the time to read and consider this information. We ask for your continued support in our efforts to reduce the number of false alarms on Oahu.
Mahalo for your cooperation!