Police Reports

There are three types of police reports:

  1. Criminal reports

  2. Miscellaneous Crime/Public reports

  3. Motor Vehicle Accident reports

Criminal Police Reports

Complainants, victims, or witnesses in a criminal report may obtain a letter of verification stating that a report has been filed. Suspects in a criminal report are not entitled to receive a verification letter.

No copy of a report is provided until the case is closed, adjudicated, or the statue of limitations has passed. Even then, a redacted copy is provided to preserve confidentiality as afforded by Chapter 92-F of the Hawaii Revised Statutes.


Miscellaneous Crime/Public Reports

A redacted copy of a Miscellaneous Crime/Public Report may be provided to the named complainant, victim, witness or suspect in the report.


Motor Vehicle Accident Reports

Motor vehicle accident reports are available from our Records Division, 7 days after the accident. Copies may be provided to the named drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and other parties or entities in the report.


Redacted Police Reports

Redacted police reports have personal and numerical identifiers such as name, home address, and social security numbers blacked out. The requestor's information will be left in.

Where to Obtain Police Reports

Requests for police reports or letters of verification must be made in person at the Records and Identification Division located at the HPD main station, 801 S. Beretania St., Honolulu.

The requestor must present a valid picture identification. If requesting a report for another person, a notarized letter of authorization is required.



Letters of verification $1.00.     Supplemental pages $0.25.

Motor Vehicle Accident reports $0.50 for the first page and $0.25 for each additional page.


Additional Information

For more information contact the Records and Identification Division at (808)723-3258.


You may submit the following reports online: House Check Requests, Lost Property, Non-Criminal Property Damage, Non-Criminal Vehicle Damage, Non-Criminal Miscellaneous Report. Click here to access the Online Reports

If you need to make any other type of Police Report, please contact 911 for assistance.


Can I report a crime that occurred on Oahu when if I'm not currently on the island?

  • If you are not currently on the island of O`ahu and wish to initiate a police report concerning an incident that occurred on the island of O`ahu, you should contact the law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction in your present location. That agency may contact the Honolulu Police Department for assistance.

  • If the law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction in your present location is not able to assist you with your request, you may contact the HPD Patrol District of where the incident happened.

When I turn 18 are my criminal records are closed?

  • You will need to contact Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center, Kekuanao'a Bldg. 465 South King St., Room 101, (808)587-3279 for information regarding your juvenile records.




Statistics Reports

Traffic Safety

Domestic Violence / TROs