The District 4 Community Policing Team covers the area between Waimanalo to Kahuku. They have built strong relationships and partnerships within these communities. Some of the many events that the team participates in are:
As we approach this Holiday Season we would like to share a few Safety Tips as we all enjoy the Holidays with our Friends and Family, but most importantly stay safe during this Holiday Season.
- When leaving your home for an extended time have a family member or neighbor check on your house, and pick up your newspaper and mail .
- Holiday gifts shouldnt be near a window or door in your home, burglars might see it as an oppertunity to break in.
- Beware that criminals sometimes pose as couriers delivering gifts.
- Beware that criminals sometimes go door to door soliciting donations for charities.
- Always turn off Christmas lights when leaving the house or when going to bed.
- Always keep doors locked at all times.
- Indoor and outdoor lights should be on an automatic timer.
- Shop during the daytime when possible, if shopping at night go with a family member or friend.
- avoid carrying large amount of cash.
- if your credit card is lost or stolen, notify your credit card issuer immediately.
- beware of stranger approaching you for any reasons. (criminal may try different method to distract you with the intention of taking you money or belonging)
- park in well lit areas.
- Place personal bag or purse into vehicle prior to placing purchased items or groceries away, To prevent personal identification from being stolen.
ForÂ further information regarding any of the programs, please call 808-723-8874 to speak to an officer.