HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: House Checks

Q. How do I request an officer to check on my home?

A. We conduct what's called a house check. Residents who want a house check can call 911, non-emergency line, to make a request. House checks are always conducted by on-duty uniformed officers under certain conditions:
• The resident must be away from home for a minimum of five consecutive days.
• A home can be checked for a maximum of 30 days.
• The home must be unoccupied during the entire house check period.
• Open or indefinite return dates are not accepted.
• Only single family homes are checked. No stores, construction sites, apartments, condominiums, or townhouses. Houses that are for sale or rent or being fumigated will not be checked.

Don't forget to email us:

Or visit our web site and social media pages:

Visit our website
Send us a message on Facebook
Send us a message on Twitter
Check out our video on YouTube
Message us on Google+

Ask HPD will also air on KHON2 News morning show, Wake Up 2Day.