The selection of personnel for out-of-state
extraditions shall be based on the criteria
established in this directive.
A. Extradition assignments shall be limited to police officers.
B. Ineligible officers include the following:
1. Under suspension or investigation;
2. On sick or injured leave; or
3. On limited or light duty.
SELECTION OF THE EXTRADITION TEAM
A. Extradition teams shall consist of two
officers who, whenever practical, shall be of
the same gender as the prisoner being transported.
B. Candidate Lists
1. Each quarter, division commanders should
submit a list of names of three officers to the
Criminal Investigation Division (CID) commander.
2. The candidates should be deserving of an
extradition assignment based on merit and good work performance.
A. The commander of the CID shall be
responsible for coordinating all extradition
assignments and shall:
1. Ensure that all related reports, requests,
and correspondence are properly completed;
2. Select officers from the candidate list
in a fair and equitable manner and confirm their
current eligibility with their element commanders; and
3. Contact the selected officers to inform them
of the date and time of the assignment and to verify
B. The selected officers’ element commanders
shall be responsible for approving the officers’
assignment to the CID and shall ensure that the
officers’ absence does not conflict with the scheduling
and daily operations of the element.