All Honolulu Police Department officers shall participate in an annual Fit for Life training component.
FIT FOR LIFE COMPONENTS
A Fit for Life component shall be administered annually at the Police Training Academy. Components of the Fit for Life program encompass various elements of wellness. They include, but are not limited to:
B. Physical fitness assessments;
C. Body composition management;
E. Stress management;
F. Substance abuse; and
G. Hypertension and other medical ailments.
Employees who are injured, sick, disabled, or on limited duty will be exempt from participating in the physical fitness assessment component until able to do so.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PROCEDURES
A. Departmental Fit for Life Officer
The Fit for Life officer for the department shall be the commander of the Training Division. The Fit for Life officer or a designee shall be responsible for:
1. Maintaining a record of physical fitness assessment results and weight checks for each employee;
2. Recommending physical fitness, nutrition, stress management, and other Fit for Life program components to fit the needs of employees; and
3. Promoting, coordinating, and maintaining healthy lifestyle choices throughout the department.
B. Element Commanders
Each element commander shall:
1. Be responsible for encouraging healthy lifestyle choices of subordinate officers.
Officers with weight or fitness problems shall be encouraged to take part in appropriate forms of physical and/or nutritional training.
2. Ensure that all officers attend and participate in the annual Fit for Life training component.