A list of candidates for Metropolitan Police
Officer-Motorized (MPO-M) positions shall be
established and maintained.
A. Human Resources Division (HRD) Commander
The HRD commander:
1. Maintains the departmental listing of MPO M
candidates and updates the list as necessary.
2. Determines the total number of officers to be listed.
3. Notifies eligible officers via e-mail to submit
the Motor Recommendation e-form.
The completed e-forms will be used in updating the
listing from which selections shall be made.
B. Immediate Supervisor
The immediate supervisor shall meet the criteria
for rating as specified in section II E, Policy 3.42,
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION, and:
1. Verify the officer’s e-form and select
“Recommend” or “Not Recommend.” If “Not Recommend”
is selected, a reason shall be provided in the comment field.
2. Forward the eligible officer’s e-form to the division-level commander.
C. Division Level Commander
The division level commander:
1. Ensures that the Motor Recommendation e-form
is completed and forwarded to the HRD within five
working days or notifies the HRD of any delays.
2. Determines whether the information provided
supports the recommendation of the immediate supervisor.
3. Completes the e-form by selecting “Recommend”
or “Not Recommend.” If “Not Recommend” is selected,
a reason shall be provided in the comment field.
1. A recommendation by the immediate supervisor
does not assure an officer’s immediate assignment or
transfer to an MPO M position.
2. If not recommended by the supervisor or
division level commander, the officer may attach
personal comments to the Motor Recommendation
e-form to support his or her case for selection.
ASSIGNMENT OR TRANSFER TO AN MPO M POSITION
A. Assignment or transfer to an MPO M position
shall be in compliance with established policy and
civil service procedures.
B. A transfer request is canceled whenever
the employee is transferred or promoted, resigns,
retires, or no longer meets the requirements of
the position for which he or she applied (see
Policy 2.27, PERSONNEL MOVEMENT).