HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: Inappropriate Social Media Posts

Question: Someone is posting inappropriate comments about me online. Can the police force this person to take down a social media post?

Answer: The Honolulu Police Department does not have the authority to remove a person’s posts on social media. If you believe a comment or post is inappropriate, please contact the site’s administrator for assistance. However, if someone online is threatening to harm you or continues to harass you after being told that further communication is unwanted; please call 9-1-1. An officer will be sent to your location to assist you.

Have a question? Email us: