HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: Motor Vehicle Collision

Question: What should I do if I get into a motor vehicle collision? Should I leave my vehicle where the collision occurred or move it off to the side?

Answer: If you are involved in a motor vehicle collision, it's important to stop immediately. Do not leave the scene of a collision without identifying yourself and rendering assistance. Call 911 and ask for an ambulance if needed. If no one is injured and the vehicles are able to safely move out of traffic, move your vehicles off the traveled portion of the roadway to a safe location like a wide shoulder lane or nearby parking lot. For more information, visit the State Department of Transportation's website. There, you can find a PDF of the Hawaii Drivers Manual.

Have a question? Email us:

Or visit our website and social media pages:

Visit our website
Send us a message on Facebook
Send us a message on Twitter
Check out our video on YouTube
Message us on Google+

Ask HPD will also air on the KHON2 News morning show, Wake Up 2Day.