HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: Loud neighbors

Q. We have a neighbor that has a loud karaoke party every week, at all hours of the night. What time can we call HPD to complain about this?

A. If you feel the noise level of a party is unreasonable call HPD and report it. Officers will respond and determine if the noise level is reasonable given the time of day and location. If the noise level is unreasonable, the officer will inform the party involved and the action needed for compliance. A citation can be issued for non-compliance to a noise violation.